Workshop - An Introduction To Website building and Publishing (60)
Need more information, including when this workshop may next be scheduled?
Click here to send us a message including your name, email and phone number.
To learn how to produce a website, then publish it on the internet so as to be available for viewing on the internet.
Learn about the following
- Domain name
- Web Host
- Website design (and design pitfalls)
- Coding and it's components
- SEO (Search engine optimisation) for free
Included with this workshop are
- Kompozer open source web building software for Microsoft Windows
- Filezilla open source FTP (File Transfer Protocol) software for Microsoft Windows
- VLC media player for Microsoft Windows to allow playing of MP4 files
- Tutorial files on Kompozer in MP4 format.
A computer with a connection to the internet. Basic computer and word processing skills.
Attendees to bring a USB drive for workshop materials, with at least 250 mb of free space.
How To Apply For Membership of SeniorNet Hutt City On Line.
You can complete the form on the left side of the on line application page here.
This form is in two pages. Click the Continue button at the end of page 1 to continue on page two.
Complete all the sections marked with a red asterisk (they are mandatory) and the other questions as appropriate.
Then click the button at the end of the form to submit it. You will receive a confirming email.
If you prefer, you can call at our Learning Centre and complete an application in person. Our Learning Centre is at:
Gibson Sheat Building
81 Queens Drive, Lower Hutt 5010